Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ty's New Toy

Got Ty a new iMac for his birthday and Christmas. (Just so we can quickly defuse any comments that he's spoiled.)

Am glad we did, even though at this point the brushed-aluminum beauty is just being used as a dandified YM machine. He gets home and starts chatting with his friends, both boys and girls(!). Twelve seems a bit young but I guess that's just my age showing.

On the good side, the new Mac is sparking his interest in computers and the web. His other main interests now include YouTube and gaming sites.

I'm glad we didn't make a mistake and buy him a Window-based PC. I remember how we did that with B and within a year, he was screeching for a change. Speaking of which, here's a cool video about Vista that we can all appreciate:

2 comments:

freckle-face said...

cool! well, yeah, that's just your age showing... and ours too... my daughter's 12 and i used to freak out when she'd chat with her friends too - girls and yes, boys too!

Anonymous said...

I guess Ty's gonna be busy for the next few months! Look on the bright side, it's a big screen so he wont have to squint.
-B

 
Custom Search