Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'd Rather Be Flicking


This is a fascinating video of some really skilled underwater hockey players. They seem to get fantastic height when flicking that heavy, lead puck. More amazing is their ability to catch it in mid-water, spin and drop it in front of them, ready for the next flick.

Today's u/w hockey game wasn't quite the same. The Army Pool visibility was down to about three tile-lengths, so the best way to score was to start a big swing to the other end of the pool (where no one could see you), then continue on and swim to the other goal.

It was a good workout day for me though. With T and the kids all in SFO, there's absolutely nothing to do here but exercise. So I swam 1.2k in Polo when I woke up, then had an hour of Pilates with Linzi at 1:30 P.M. and finally got to the hockey game at 4 P.M.

With all my workouts over the past week, I'm down to 139 lbs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice asses.

DV said...

I didn't notice. What I did note was the extraneous hyphen in the paragraph.

 
Custom Search